Sunday, October 19, 2008

just tired

six thousand three hundred suns
separate us, and i still hope
that we should meet,
on the jagged rocks
where periwinkle grows,
just like i picture in my head,
dig our toes in the sand and
send the starfish back into the seas,
on unknown dance floors
make love to the speakers,
letting the beat reverb through the lungs.
but as i let the rotting grapes
mingle with the red
coursing through my veins,
i know i am singed by your fire,
but you slowly extricate fingers,
you cannot possibly see
how i battle the coils
dark, slick, tendrils poised to drag me
into the flickering shadows.
any other day i would've fought,
the ginsu sits on my hip,
but not any more, no more,
bone weary, blood tired i am.
i do not wish to find
any way out not today, not today.
on my knees i wait
the shadows will surely call.

No comments: